ATLS 3519-004: Interface Design
A deep dive into the world of user-centered design. In this class students will gain expertise in professional design methodologies and learn how to apply these skills in the creation of stunning digital interfaces.
Through demonstrations, industry examples, and hands-on projects students will learn how to create professional user interfaces using a variety of design tools. Students will also be taught the end-to-end user experience design process and how it can be applied outside of digital interface design.
Students who successfully complete this course will:
Critical Thinking & Theory / History:
- Learn how professionals design at scale
- Understand the evolution of interface design
- Learn professional user experience design methodologies
- Gain insight into how user experience design is applied beyond digital interfaces
- Learn the end-to-end user experience design process
- How to apply basic animation principles to interface design
- Practice giving and receiving professional project critique
- Learn how to design interfaces in Sketch and Invision
- Cultivate an understanding of modern human interface guidelines
- Be introduced to the advanced tools used in professional interface design