ATLAS Building Access
The ATLAS Building is opened to TAM students 24/7 and most of the high-end labs and teaching spaces in the building can be accessed by TAM students as well. Fill out the ATLAS Card Access Form and under the "Affiliation" section, check off the box(es) that apply to you and we will process your request. Note: that card access will be permanently revoked for individuals who intentionally request access to building spaces they are not permitted to use. Here's a helpful breakdown:
ATLAS PhD & Master's Student - Get's ATLAS PhD and Master's student's 24/7 access to the building's exterior doors as well as the PhD and Graduate student spaces.
TAM Student (BS, Minor, Certificate) - Get's TAM undergrads 24/7 access to the building's exterior doors, room 104, and the TAM Suite (231)
Laboratory for Playful Computation - (Permission Required) Must be affiliated with the space. Access controlled through Professor Ben Shapiro
CMAP Student Employee - (Permission Required) Used only for CMAP student employees. If you don't work for CMAP, don't click this box.
BTU Lab - (Permission Required) Apply to join the BTU Lab here to become a member. Once you've gone through lab training, you can check the box to access to the space.
Mixed Reality Lab - (Permission Required) Certain courses will have access to this space. If so, your Instructor/Professor will grant you permission to use the lab and then you may check off this box. If you are an ATLAS/TAM student who would like access to this space but are not currently enrolled in a course that uses the lab, please contact Ian Hales for permission.
If you already have access to certain areas of the ATLAS building but need access to a new space, please fill out the form again and check off all of the boxes that now apply to you.
creative.colorado.edu Server Instructions
The TAM Program manages our own web server for hosting websites and online files
The server is creative.colorado.edu.
- On creative.colorado.edu, your identikey will be your username. Note that the server will use a ~ before your username while typing in a URL: Example: http://creative.colorado.edu/~youridentikey
- Your password for creative.colorado.edu will be tied to your identikey password. This means you will be using the same password for all CU accounts.
- Creative.colorado.edu does not have file sharing, which means you will not be able to mount the drive to your desktop The only way to connect to creative.colorado.edu will be through an FTP Client like Fetch or through Coda (or you can connect through SSH).
Connect using SFTP and when you get connected to creative.colorado.edu you will see all of your files in the public_html folder. You will still need to use the University VPN if you are connecting from off campus: http://www.colorado.edu/oit/services/network-internet-services/vpn
- Please test your webpages and links! You can reach your site using http://creative.colorado.edu/~youridentikey.
If you have any questions or problems, your instructors will be able to help you.
Connecting to creative.colorado.edu
Server connection instructions
Software on ATLAS Computers
Ableton Live 9 Suite
Adobe Creative Cloud
Logic Pro X
Maya 2016 License Transfer Utility
Autodesk Fusion 360
Command Line Tools
Production & Study Spaces
ATLAS has facilities and equipment which are available to University Students. For information on training and scheduling, please contact the appropriate person below. ATLAS Facilities include:
- Heliography Lab - Rm. 1B27 - Film and Flatbed Scanning, Large format and fine art printing.
- Mixed Reality Lab - Rm. 105 - VR headsets & high-end rendering computers (contact: Ian Hales)
- Broadcast Production Studio* (contact: Bret Mann)
- Broadcast Production Edit Bay (contact: Bret Mann)
- Black Box Theater* (contact: Bret Mann)
- Sound Recording Booth (contact: Bret Mann)
- Group Design Rooms (reservations: ATLAS Main Office, ATLS224)
*These spaces are heavily scheduled. If you would like to schedule time in these spaces, we recommend that you plan far in advance.
OIT (Office of Information Technology) Policies & Resources
Office of Information Technology
VPN (Virtual Private Network) Software
OIT Lab Map
Report a Lab Problem